I love the view from our window. There isn’t much color. Brown apartment buildings with cream colored houses. No cars are visible when sitting down at the desk. The trees are starting to look lifeless as winter approaches. It’s funny I never noticed them as they were full. The one beauty that has captured me is the sunset. With the sun going down as early as 4:30 p.m., it’s a nice midday refreshment. Even though as the night awaits us, with its gloomy presence, there is still a peace within this moment. The distant head-lights and street lights bring life to the darkness.
God has made it possible for beauty to be all around us. There is love, there is hope, there is faith beyond human recognition. No matter where you are, where you came from, or where you’re going, beauty is waiting to be noticed, adored, cherished, and appreciated. The homeless man walking the street, a beautiful mind that may have been misguided, the high strung wife ready to explode and give birth at any moment, the rose bud that has yet to bloom. The kind words that you speak to strangers or when distant lovers reunite. Beauty has no judgments or restrictions. Beauty is love and it surrounds us each day. As we breathe the air that has been given to us, let your thoughts become free from clutter and your eyes become true gateways to your soul, appreciate everything for what it’s worth.
- Smile when things aren’t perfect (They never are)
- Laugh often (I find myself laughing at things that shouldn’t be funny)
- Love yourself (No one else can do that for you)
- Accept others (The only person and attitude you can change is YOURS)
- Be compassionate and open
- Go out your way every single day to point out 10 things or people or places that are beautiful (There are gazillion, trillion, bazillion:)
Copyright 2012 Ta’Mesha Smith